Friday, October 9, 2009


Corinne Rose was born on the seventh of october at 3:06 in the afternoon. She weighed seven pounds two ounces and was 19.7 inches long. She is the most beautiful baby in the world. although I might be a little biased. I was in labor for fourteen and a half hours, and I pushed for two and a half. It was the the hardest work out of my life! Giving birth is nothing like you think it is. It is the hardest most worthwhile and beautiful thing ever. Epidural's are the best thing ever invented! This is what my labor was like, I was eating diner and my water broke, it was nine thirty and then we got to the hospital and they checked me in, my contractions were about eight minutes apart and not painful at all. So when my contractions weren't speeding up enough on there own they put me on pitocin, a drug that is supposed to strengthen your contractions. They started the pitocin at midnight and I was only dilated to a two and a half and I was having painfull contractions by one and got my epidural and went to sleep. I woke up the next morning at like ten and was hungry and started straightening my hair but I only got half way through it before it was time to push. Pushing is the weirdest/hardest thing ever, I pushed and pushed, its hard because you have never done it before so then you don't know if your doing it right and then you push and push and it doesn't feel like you are making any progress. So every time you push it will push the baby out a little then she goes back a little, they were explaining this to me after about an hour of pushing and you could see the head and how it was coming out. I was so tired I was like whats the point if she just goes back in every time! I was frustrated because it doesnt feel like you are making any progress at all and I didn't know what I was doing so I wasn't sure if I was doing it right. Then finally after two and a half hours im so tired they tell me I only need to push like two more times for her to come and I was like no I cant im to tired I cant Im to tired! But I did and then she came out like all at once! It was crazy. I got to spend a little over 24 hours with her, and then I placed her with her mother. After placement her mother gave me a necklace its opal corinne birth stone with tanzanite and a tiney little diamond accent its beutiful. I wanted a necklae to remember corinne by and this one is a truley beautiful one to do it. I havent taken it off accept to shower since I got it, and I can easly say it is my favorite peice of jullery ever reseived. She really didnt have to but it was very thoughtfull of her. I dont think I could of picked a more caring family. They care a lot about how I feel and that is important to me. It seems like I have noticed in some adoptions the feelings of the birthmother are kinda swept under the rug, or forgotten. I really appreciate that the family cares about what I want and takes me into consideration a lot more then I expected them too. The way they have delt with the adoption has not only impressed me but also made it much easyer for me to deal with. I really miss Corinne but thanks to them I dont feel like I have lost her at all. I can honestly say I love and apreciate the family that will be caring for my child. I am not very religouse but I thank god that I was lucky enough to happen apon them. They worked out so wonderfully so far that I wonder how I got this lucky. I know its only been a week but I thought I would be a lot more depressed than I am by now and a lot of that is thanks to my adoptive family, and of course my parents who I havent mentioned yet but they have been absolutly wonderfull with this difficult time. Them and the rest of my family are very supportive and I cant tell them ow much I apreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment